I'm applying for an express entry residency for Canada. Can I take the IELTS and the TEF exams ANYWHERE I want to or are there specific institutions which are valid for this procedure? Can't seem to find that piece of info.

1 Answer 1


Organisations like IDP and BritishCouncil conduct exams for IELTS General and Academic.

IELTS test results from these two organisations are globally accepted.

  • Just be aware that Canada requires the General test. The Academic test is not acceptable.
    – mkennedy
    Commented Aug 11, 2015 at 22:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.