I am Canadian. I used my working holiday visa for Australia (2 years total) and I've been out of the country for 2 years. A former employer has asked me to come back and work for him and that he would sponsor me. He doesn't really understand what that entails and neither do I. I told him I would pay for all the fee's and everything.

Someone told me that he needs to have an ad up looking for a worker for a certain amount of time in order for me to get approved to come work for him?

Where do I start this process? I really don't know what to do.

I think it's a Subclass 457 – Business (Long Stay) visa

The work is masonry/pavers/landscaping.

I'm also wondering how much it would cost for everything

1 Answer 1


Start here: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/457-

Basically, your employer-to-be has to register to be a "sponsor", and they can then "nominate" you for the position.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.