I am an Egyptian currently in Bulgaria with a "cultural exchange" visa. I want to marry my Bulgarian girlfriend. I don't know where should I go or what will be the procedures? Should we marry here or in Egypt? And can I know the minimum age for marriage because I am 20 and going to be 21 in June? After the marriage, what will be the next step to get residence and how long does it take? I know that these may be many questions but related to one issue.


You should apply for a residence permit according to Article 24.18 of the Foreigners in the Republic in Bulgaria act.

The minimum age for a marriage is 16, but if one of you is under 18, you will need a permit from a Bulgarian court. You can also merry outside Bulgaria but then you will need to legalize it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.