I got a job offer in Germany, and I have an apartment for me and my family (wife and son) - offered by the company. The question is:

  1. Can I apply for a national visa (long-stay) for me and my family to bring them with me from the first time?
  2. If so, what documents needed for that purpose, and
  3. How long it takes?

We (me, wife, and son) are Egyptians, and my son is 2 years old

  • If you can't, don't take the job.
    – ouflak
    Commented Nov 5, 2015 at 15:10
  • I have the exact same question, were you able to go with your family the first time?
    – Asimov
    Commented Mar 9, 2017 at 1:11
  • 2
    @Asimov see the answer below.
    – phoog
    Commented Mar 11, 2017 at 16:48

1 Answer 1


Apparently it was possible to bring them from the very beginning, but I should have made a family appointment (not single one), and we are done

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.