I am an EEA citizen, working in the UK, and my wife will apply to a EEA Family Permit to join me. I understand that it is categorized as a non-settlement visa, in the official website, but the visa centre doing the interview requires a subscription, and their categories differ.
Which would apply to the EEA Family Permit?
I hesitate mostly between the Family Visitor < 6 months, and Settlement (See below)
Here are the categories on the visa centre website:
Settling means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions. You can apply, if your situation is one of the following (if you have a visa as the dependant of someone else, select their visa):
- You are the family member or partner of a British citizen;
- You are the family member or partner of someone who has settled in the UK;
- You have a visitor visa;
- You have a study visa;
- You have a work visa;
- You have a UK Ancestry visa;
- You have a Retired Person visa;
- You have been settled in the UK before;
- You have Discretionary Leave;
- You are in or have been in HM Forces;
- You are on the 10-year Private Life route;
- You have been in the UK legally for 10 years (Long Residence).
- Family Visitor < 6 months:
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:
- for leisure, eg on holiday or to see your family and friends;
- for business, or to take part in sports or creative events;
- for another reason, eg to receive private medical treatment. The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the Family Visitor visa.
- Family Visitor > 6 months:
If you are planning on coming to the UK to visit members of your family.
- Other non settlement:
If you are invited to come to the UK due to your particular skills or expertise. You may apply to come to the UK for up to 1 month without the need to be sponsored under the points-based system. This category is for visiting examiners or assessors; lecturers; overseas designated pilot examiners; qualified lawyers; and professional artists, entertainers, and sportspersons.
- Visitor < 6 months
If you are wanting to come and do business in the UK for a short time. This includes academic visitors, visiting professors, overseas news media representatives and film crews on location.
- Visitor > 6 months
If you are planning to come to the UK as a tourist or to visit friends for a period of less than 6 months.
The remaining categories are Tier 1, 2, 3, 4, Student and Transit. I doubt those apply to my wife (she's not a student, and the UK would be her "final stop")
edit: The visa centre website is the following: uk.tlscontact.com/ru/ROV/index.php I believe it requires to register before selecting the type of visa applied. That is why I copied/pasted the types in the question