I am Cherry living in Indonesia I am married Netherlands since 2 years ago. And we had registered our marriage in the gemeente in the Netherlands. I have 4 children, the oldest 27 yo, 25 yo, 22 yo, 17 yo. I have a Schengen multi-entry visa valid until 2018 and I have visited my husband a few times. My husband has got a job as a technician near Belgium and living in Netherlands for now. But he wants to move to Belgium next month and asked me and my children to come to Netherlands and then we would be moving together in to Belgium together. What documents would be needed to prepared from Indonesia for me and my children to get a family reunion visa in Belgium?

  • Have you checked with the Belgian consulate?
    – phoog
    Oct 9, 2015 at 22:58
  • 2
    Your children over 18 will not be eligible, if I recall correctly, unless they are still dependent.
    – phoog
    Nov 12, 2015 at 17:45
  • If I understand correctly those children are yours but not your husband's? I believe this makes things even more difficult. For you (but not your children), noving/getting a residence card should actually be easier once your husband lives in Belgium. I don't see any advantage (and a lot of additional fees and paperwork) in moving to the Netherlands first. And if he is going to move next month, you simply do not have time for a family reunification procedure in the Netherlands anymore.
    – Gala
    Nov 13, 2015 at 13:24

1 Answer 1


I think you need to legalize your marriage and kids birth certificates in the Belgium embassy/consulate in Jakarta. Give them a call and ask. This I think is the most important. Amro

  • 1
    It may be easier to do it in the Belgian municipality since the marriage was in the Netherlands.
    – phoog
    Nov 12, 2015 at 17:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.