I'm a US citizen who just received an offer for a paid internship that has potential to turn into a full-time position later on (for now, the internship duration will be 3 months). Though it is an internship, since I am no longer an actual student, do I just apply for a normal, general employment visa or is there another visa I need to apply for?

Also, do I need to be registered at a residence (Anmeldung) before I apply for the visa (I'm already staying in Berlin)?

migrated from travel.stackexchange.com Oct 16 '15 at 17:33

This question came from our site for road warriors and seasoned travelers.

  • Flagged for migration to Expats. – JoErNanO Oct 16 '15 at 15:04
  • Regarding the second question, you have a few days for registration after moving into the residence; generally it is done in person at the city hall. The registration requirement is for people who live in Germany, independent of the visa requirement. – o.m. Oct 16 '15 at 15:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.