I am Pakistani, and I have an Italian work permit for unlimited period. My uncle with whom I live in Italy has Italian citizenship. My questions are:

  1. My uncle (brother of my mother) is an Italian national; can I apply for an EEA family permit as the extended family member of Italian citizen?

  2. What proof should I present to relate myself to my uncle? I have some documents such as my birth certificate and the birth certificates of my uncle and my mother.

  3. I have a certificate from the municipality (comune) that shows that my uncle and I have lived in the same house in Italy for more than 3 years

  4. My uncle is self employed, so he has sufficient funds to support me during the visit to the UK. We can document this with bank statements, etc.

Are there any other documents required?

  • I'm a bit confused - if you have an Italian work permit, why do you need an EEA family one? And why do you have 4 paragraphs talking about Italy, then suddenly one about the UK?
    – Gagravarr
    Commented Oct 25, 2015 at 10:25
  • Sorry. My mistake .my actual question was about eea family permit because I want to travel uk with my uncle .all details are above Commented Oct 25, 2015 at 12:01
  • Possible duplicate of eea family permit as extended family members of eea/eu national Commented Oct 25, 2015 at 18:14
  • Does your Italian residence permit indicate that you are a family member of an EU/EEA citizen?
    – phoog
    Commented Oct 28, 2015 at 12:31
  • No .but i came italy as independent. Then live with my uncle in same house and we have certificate of local council which indicate that I am member of his household. Commented Oct 28, 2015 at 13:08

1 Answer 1

  1. Yes, you can apply for an EEA family permit.
  2. To prove your relationship to your uncle, you can use your birth certificate and those of your mother and uncle (what other proof could there possibly be?).
  3. The certificate showing that you are a member of your uncle's household should establish that you qualify as an extended family member. The criterion is (emphasis added) "you must be able to show that you’re dependent on the EEA citizen or are a member of their household, or have a serious health condition and rely on them to care for you."
  4. Okay, but to qualify for the EEA family permit, you need only to establish that you qualify as an extended family member. There is no test of financial means.

Yes, there are other documents required. For example, you have to document the fact that your uncle is an EEA citizen. His passport or identity card will do that.

Have a look at the guidance published by the UK authorities, and let us know what specific questions you have about the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/documents-you-must-provide

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.