I am in United States on H1B Visa on a "Computer Programmer" role. If I change my role to something other than Computer programmer when my H1B goes into extension than do I need to go for LCA only or I have to go for Petition Amendment?

Also, will the role change affect my salary in any way?


There is no need to file an amendment when the candidate’s job title changes or gets a promotion, with no significant change in the employee’s job responsibilities.Reference: see this link

  • Thanks..So does it mean that the salary will also be changed – xorpower Nov 7 '15 at 17:14
  • @RomilN I think the salary is determined primarily by your employer, not the government. – phoog Nov 7 '15 at 19:37
  • Correct..So how can I know if my salary is going to increase or decrease? – xorpower Nov 7 '15 at 20:37
  • 1
    @RomilN ask your employer. – phoog Nov 8 '15 at 5:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.