Is there any scheme by EU countries for highly skilled workers to apply for temporary residence permit without having a job offer?

I think the US equivalent is O Visa, as someone can get a temporary residence merely based on his qualifications and work history; then trying to find a job when residing in the target country.

I want to move to a country then try to find a job through small projects with local businesses.


Having a work contract or binding offer is a strict requirement for the EU blue card, see article 5(1)(a) of the Blue card directive. There is even a minimum salary requirement. So the Blue card is definitely out.

What's left are therefore the national visas/residence permits and the rules differ widely from country to country, you need to be a little more specific about your situation and destination to find out what's available.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.