Is it possible for a Russian national to convert a Chinese visitor (L) visa to a work (Z) visa while in China? The visitor visa expires in February.

  • Updated with the requested info Nov 18 '15 at 15:29

Typically not. Any conversions of L visas to Z visas need to be done outside the country. Most people go to Hong Kong for a few days to get it sorted out. You should get the Z visa paperwork from your company, then go to Hong Kong and apply. Usually only takes a couple of days, and you can turn around and come on back.

  • 3
    Any references to this?
    – Karlson
    Nov 19 '15 at 16:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.