A little more of background.

  1. Two non EU citizens (Serbia)
  2. Been in a relationship for 4 years
  3. Any form of same sex relationship not recognized in Citizenship Country
  4. One partner gets the Blue Card in Germany (Köln)
  5. Can the other partner join?

What makes me be uncertain is this

  • 2
    Your link seems to apply to EU citizens, so it is not particularly relevant. The question is first whether an unregistered partner can qualify either as a "spouse" or a "family member" under German immigration law. I couldn't find anything to answer that question. If so, then you'll be left with the task of proving that your relationship with your partner in fact qualifies.
    – phoog
    Dec 9, 2015 at 17:26
  • 2
    One option could be to register your relationship or even marry in one EU country. Your country of origin's stance on the question can make that impossible in some places but not in others.
    – Gala
    Dec 9, 2015 at 18:39

1 Answer 1

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.