I live in Pakistan and I have got immigrant visa to USA and I want to submit Green Card fee before leaving to USA.

This is the link where I have to submit fee.

After entering required information, there are only 2 options,

Pay Via Bank Account (ACH) and Pay Via Plastic Card (PC) (ex: American Express, Discover, Mastercard, VISA)

Now my question is, how can I submit fee from here? I have bank account in Pakistan and VISA Debit cards but I don't think I can pay using them.

EDIT: Here is a sample debit card, I have same one.

  • 4
    Why wouldn't your visa card work for the pay by card option? Did you try it? What happened? Any errors?
    – Gagravarr
    Dec 21, 2015 at 19:28
  • 2
    Debit cards can do almost anything credit cards can do. Why wouldn't it work? Dec 21, 2015 at 19:41
  • @LorenPechtel see the edits ... I have shown sample of a debit card I have. and I get "The card has been declined, the transaction will not be processed." error after entering my information.
    – usa
    Dec 22, 2015 at 11:12
  • 2
    Did you check with your bank? They might be blocking it thinking it's potential fraud
    – Gagravarr
    Dec 22, 2015 at 11:26
  • 2
    Ring them up? Walking into the branch and ask? Check online? Send them a secure message online? It'll all depend on your bank, that's not something we can tell you!
    – Gagravarr
    Dec 22, 2015 at 12:28

1 Answer 1


Your bank claims that this is a Visa Debit card (not a Visa Electron, which can only be used at ATMs in the US, not for purchases).

So this card should work.

The problem is most likely that, because the charge to the card is coming from the United States, that your bank has blocked it for being an unexpected foreign transaction.

The solution is to contact your bank and inform them that you are trying to use the card to make a purchase from the United States. You can call them at 0800-22522. They should then be able to allow the card to make the foreign purchase.

  • Thanks for answer. I will talk to bank and will let you know.
    – usa
    Dec 27, 2015 at 13:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.