I am moving to Australia under PR (Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa. Does this make me eligible for working in New Zealand also.

Thank You

1 Answer 1


Yes, you will be eligible to work in New Zealand too. Source: http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/australiancitizensandresidents.htm

  • 2
    But, if you're looking to take Australian citizenship note that time spent in New Zealand won't count towards the time you need to accrue to qualify for Australian citizenship.
    – Richard Ev
    Jun 16, 2016 at 12:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.