I am working in Sutherland Global Services (BPO) as an IT consultant. Is there any way to get a work permit for Canada?

I am a graduate with commerce and had 5 years experience in financial services back in India and now 3 years here in BPO.

Please suggest something reliable.

1 Answer 1


Have you checked out the official Citizenship and Immigration Canada web pages on this, e.g., http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit.asp ?

The answer to your question depends a lot on whether you want to work in Canada temporarily (for 2 years, can be extended to 4 years, search for Work Permit) or permanently (search for Permanent Residency). Note that it is possible to get a temporary Work Permit and to apply for Permanent Residency later, after you've "tried out" Canada and you decided you want to stay.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.