I'm non EU citizen and I will marry Italian girl soon. So I need to know if I've the right to work in another EU country without the need of that my wife move me.

I want to work in Germany and my future wife can't move now because she need to get her diploma first.

1 Answer 1


A non-EU family member of an EU citizen enjoys freedom of movement only when accompanying or joining the EU citizen. You would not have a right to move to Germany or to work there unless your wife were also living in Germany.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.