I have a valid ICT Visa till Aug 2016 and I recently moved back to India in Jan 2016 and my employer has informed UKBA about my movement back to India and end of assignment and also filled returns about my exit from UK, but now we have immediate requirement

Can I travel back to UK on the same visa?
Should my employer inform UKBA again ?

  • 1
    Your employer has to go through the rigmarole. Don't go back because UKVI will have curtailed your permit. This is an Expats question, please migrate.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Apr 1, 2016 at 14:32
  • @GayotFow Have you flagged it for migration?
    – JoErNanO
    Commented Apr 1, 2016 at 15:09
  • @JoErNanO thanks for the reminder, I just did it
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Apr 1, 2016 at 15:44
  • Would you describe what is needed for this 'immediate requirement'? Is it a short term project that they have to have you present for? Or will this require you to go back for an extended unknown period of time?
    – ouflak
    Commented Apr 2, 2016 at 12:23
  • Yes ..It is short term for 3 months
    – user9327
    Commented Apr 4, 2016 at 5:51

1 Answer 1


With the notification from your employer, the UKVI will have curtailed your permit, and you could not use it to re-enter the UK. Once you left the country and UKVI was so advised, your Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa is no longer valid, regardless of the expiration date shown.

In order to return, you and your company would need repeat the visa application, sponsorship, certification, and issuance process.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.