I have a permanent resident permit in France ( I am an non EU national), that is it is valid for 10 years renewable. I am working full time on CDI for one employer in France since 6 years. Have been here in France almost 8 years. I have a prospective job offer based in Germany which is interesting. However, I want to know if I can work in Germany and relocate there hassle free with the residency card that I have. My fiancée and live in partner in France is a British Citizen although we don't plan to marry right away.

Will I be able to tell this potential employer that I have right to work in Germany? Do I have to go through application of whole new Germany residency card? Also, I am interested in working in the UK as my partner would like to go back to his home country- in this case I suppose the French permanent residency doesn't help at all or does it?

Thanks for your help,

closed as too broad by Giorgio, ouflak, Dipen Shah, Mark Mayo Aug 1 '17 at 23:11

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Would you be traveling and living in Germany with your fiancee? – ouflak Aug 1 '17 at 11:30

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.