I have a Master Degree in Physics and want to apply to the Australia Skilled visa, I don't know what exactly type of visa will be better for me but looks like Australia Skilled Independent visa: Permanent (subclass 189) will be good.

My main purpose is to live (with my wife). I happened to hear that if education is not matching to ICT there will be deduction in experience. I have 9 years of experience as software engineer. In my case, how many year will be deducted?


1 Answer 1


6 years will be deducted under the RPL type application.

Edit: Source- Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf from the ACS website.

  • Adding a source or reference for this would be great, if you know of one!
    – Gagravarr
    Commented Aug 14, 2016 at 9:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.