We are planning to migrate and settle in Canada, however,I have doubt that , If become the primary applicant, my husband will be allowed to work in Canada or not?

  • Why do you have this doubt?
    – phoog
    Commented Apr 30, 2016 at 14:16
  • 1
    Does his profession require a license, such as engineering or medicine?
    – mkennedy
    Commented Apr 30, 2016 at 15:27

1 Answer 1


If you apply to the skilled worker program then yes, both of you receive a permanent residence that allows you to work.

If it's another type of visa, you have to check on http://www.cic.gc.ca/ for the conditions.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.