and thank you in advance to anyone who responds to this post.
I applied in November 2015 from within the UK for an EEA Family Residence Card to join my Austrian partner here in London. However, this got refused last week, and I have until this Wednesday to decide whether to appeal the decision or not. (I was late getting my paperwork back from my lawyer, and even getting the news of the refusal.)
My lawyer (whom I've since let go of) unfortunately misguided me throughout my application, so I was under the assumption that I would definitely get it, as I felt we had proven sufficiently that my partner and I are in a durable relationship, and he assured me that we had.
However, since unfortunately we were living together in South Africa, we have very little official documentation to prove that we were co-habiting during our time there. It's a third world country that doesn't have the same thorough legal status as here in the UK. To compensate, we added Facebook conversation logs (filtering through over 10 000 messages!) and a plethora of photographs of us together. This was unfortunately not sufficient, which I can understand.
So my questions are these: 1) Do I have enough grounds to appeal their decision simply because I feel their decision is wrong? Do they need to have broken some sort of law for me to be allowed to appeal? 2) Am I allowed to submit new evidence in the appeal to attempt to counter their points of refusal? 3) Would it be better for me to fly home and to reapply from there instead of appealing while I am still here in the UK? (Even though they are allowed to send me home whenever they want)
Any help, at all, would be appreciated immeasurably. I understand that the time frame is very tight, but I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.