Is a residence permit somehow "tied" to the citizenship you have/had when applying for and/or receiving said permit or is it legally independent of it? For example:
- A person applies for and receives a residence permit for Elbonia as a citizen of Ruritania
- While residing in Elbonia, said person loses Ruritanian citizenship for whatever reason but
- they (still) are not a citizen of Elbonia
- they are not a citizen of any country for which Elbonia has a freedom-of-movement agreement (e.g. not like Spain with Malta, with both being in the EU)
- Does the residence status of this person change?-- Do they have to re-apply for residence or somehow "change" their residence permit?