I would like to ask about which type of visa I should apply for if I want to work as an intern in Spain, for over 6 months with salary.

I am not from the EU, but I am now studying in the UK (holding a tier 4 student visa).

In addition, what documents are needed for my application? I have checked the Spanish embassy website which mentions that a student visa only allows a student to work an unpaid internship, but there's nothing related to a paid internship.

  • Your prospective employer would probably need to sponsor you for a work permit. – phoog Jun 6 '16 at 12:56
  • Which nationality do you have? – agold Jun 7 '16 at 16:03
  • As a general rule, a company can only employ a non-EU citizen for a job in the EU if they demonstrate that no EU citizen who fits the job description is available. With 50% unemployment among new graduates in Spain, that's not going to be easy for an internship. – Peter Taylor Jun 11 '16 at 10:26
  • It would be great if you share your experience here after a year. Thanks – Shahin Jul 3 '17 at 8:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.