I'm Syrian and I have a student residence permission to EU issued from Portugal.

I got a job offer for 6 months in London.

The company asked me to have a sponsor. I do have someone in the UK to sponsor me, but I don't know how the process works.

I was checking the types of visas and I found this page https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

I don't know to which one I have to apply, or if I need something else to prof that I have a sponsor

Could you help please?

1 Answer 1


I tried to check myself.

I need visa either Tier 2 or Tier 5, as described here http://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigration-tier-system.htm

The sponsor must be a licensed sponsor employer, which can be found here


(the list and the link is being updated daily)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.