I have a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) valid till Feb 2017, whereas vignette on passport is valid till April 2016. Can I visit UK again on BRP I have? If not do I have to follow any other process?
It depends on the status indicated by the biometric residence permit, and possibly on sok other facts. From Timatic:
- Passports and other documents accepted for entry issued to residents of the United Kingdom must be valid on arrival.
Visa required, except for Passengers with a Biometric Resident Permit issued by the United Kingdom if:
- the last leave (permission) to enter or remain in the United Kingdom has not expired and was given for a period of more than six months; or
- the last leave has not expired and was given by the stamp which reads: "Given leave to enter to complete previous leave Section 3(3)(b) ; or
- alien resident is a permanent resident of the United Kingdom returning within two years (SEE NOTE 52453) of last departure; or
- alien resident has the right of abode in the United Kingdom confirmed by a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode" vignette in the passport.
NOTE 52453: The two year restriction does not apply to accompanying spouses and children of military personnel returning to the United Kingdom.
Visa required, except for Passengers with an EEA Family Residence Card issued by the United Kingdom.
Visa required, except for Passengers with an EEA Family Permit issued by the United Kingdom if the holder is traveling with, or to join the EEA or Swiss national.
Yes, you can use your Biometric Residence Permit to visit UK again. The permit prove that you are allowed to return to UK again. But it can't be use instead of your passport or any other travel documents.