I'm an Indian citizen and I'll be attending the first semester of my Master's in France from Sept '16 - Jan '17. As I'm part of a mobility programme, I'll be moving to UK for my second and third semesters (Jan - Jan '18). Technically, I'll have to apply for my UK Student visa from France.

I was told that to apply from another place other than my home country, I'll have to be "normally resident" (=> visa for more than six months). However, my period of study is only 5 months at the maximum. How can I go around this, since I do not have any break between semesters to be able to go back and apply?

I was under the impression that having a Long Stay visa in itself was a temporary residence permit and that it would suffice.

PS. I'm on an Erasmus Mundus scholarship if that helps in any way.

  • Do / will you have a titre de sejour in France? I think that should be enough but I'm not sure. Jun 15, 2016 at 10:53
  • No, I'll be having a temporary Carte de Sejour at the most.
    – D.Phish
    Jun 16, 2016 at 17:17


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.