Is it possible for me to own shares in a company as an international student on study permit? The majority of the shares will owned be by a Canadian resident. Also can this help me get a PR through any program such as the startup visa?

  • Nothing is stopping you owning shares in a company while you are studying in Canada. You would not be permitted to do any work of any kind for the company unless your visa permits it. – DJClayworth Sep 20 '16 at 16:36