I am considering employing Brazilians to work as IT contractors in the UK will they need to have Tier 2 work permit? What else will they need legally?

  • 3
    Would you consider hiring locally? There is plenty of UK talent available for IT work.
    – ouflak
    Jul 15, 2016 at 20:24

1 Answer 1


Firstly you will need a license as an employer who can issue Certificates of Sponsorship. You will be allotted a certain number depending on your qualifications. Once these are issued to the future employee, they can then apply for a Tier 2 visa. There are many requirements such as minimum pay requirement, RMLT as well as the demonstrated skills to do the job.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.