I am in Pakistan right now. I need an extra 5 points to move to Australia. These points could be gained using 3 years of experience in Pakistan or by 1 year of experience in Australia. If I work remotely from Pakistan for an Australian employer, will it be called Australian experience?

1 Answer 1


No. Australian work experience can only be gained by legally working in Australia for an entity with an Australian business number (ABN/ACN) and having the Australian tax records to prove it.

Can your Australian company sponsor you to come to Australia on a 457 visa? Then you wouldn't need to worry about points anymore.

  • There is no company offering me a job from Australia yet. I will start searching.
    – user9603
    Sep 19, 2016 at 16:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.