I am married to a British national and would like to apply for a spouse visa for me and my daughter ( my husband is not the father) the child's birth certificate does not have fathers name. I am take sole care of the child.

My question is do i need a letter from the father to consent her travelling? Apart from Birth certificate and passport what other documents do I need?

Note we meet the other requirements

We are Kenyans and I don't have any legal documents saying I have sole responsibility. I practically live with her and I make all decisions in regards to her.

  • What is your and your daughter's citizenships? – mkennedy Sep 28 '16 at 21:37
  • 1
    Do you have a document showing that you have sole legal responsibility for your daughter? If so, I suppose you don't need her father's permission. – phoog Sep 28 '16 at 22:04
  • User has not returned to clarify questions, putting on hold. – Mark Mayo Jul 19 '17 at 2:39