I am applying for the IEC young professional work permit at the moment so that I can travel and work in Canada. What happens if I want to change jobs when I get out there, do I have to reapply for a different work permit? Or is the work permit open?


International Experience Canada (IEC) provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada.

Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?

If you have a work permit under the Working Holiday category, you can change employers whenever you want or need to.

Under the Young Professionals and International Co-op (Internship) categories, you can only change your employer if you have a valid reason.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.