I'm British and I wish to marry by Mexican girlfriend, who I have been dating for two years. The first year was a long-distance relationship, but for the last 12 months she has been living in the UK on a Tier 4 Student Visa.
I understand that when applying to marry we need to provide certain documents. The Camden website says the following:
Proof of address (separate document for each person giving notice)
- an original (not self-printed) utility bill dated in the last 3 months; or
- an original (not self-printed) bank statement dated in the last 1 month; or
- an original (not self-printed) council tax or mortgage statement dated in the last 12 months; or
- a valid British driving licence (all parts)
- if you don’t live permanently in UK but are setting up residency for at least 7 days especially to give notice, you need proof of your permanent address (see any of above) plus a signed and dated letter from the owner or proprietor of the property where you are staying at which confirms how long you have been staying at their property for and states their name and address
Can anyone explain to me precisely what we need to bring with us to the appointment? If, for example, I bring a utility bill in my name, and she brings her bank statements, and they are both original and both correspond to the same address, would that be sufficient? Or is it necessary for us to bring all of the above with us?
Many thanks in advance
Link to Camden Website Marriages-section below..