A quick question what What is the best and easiest way to stay in Malaysia for 8-12 months without getting going back to home.

I heard we can do via crossing borders , if. If we do in that way we need visa of Singapore or Thai Thailand, if yes which category visa we need visit or transit.

Also, it will be on arrival visa or i need to get that visa from malaysia ?

Also if there is any further way to do that so Malaysia ?


closed as off-topic by ouflak, Giorgio, JoErNanO, JonathanReez Supports Monica, Gayot Fow Oct 26 '16 at 16:10

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question does not appear to be about expatriates, within the scope defined in the help center." – ouflak, Giorgio, JoErNanO, JonathanReez Supports Monica, Gayot Fow
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


Without knowing your nationality, it's difficult to point you in the right direction. However, the answer to your basic visa question can be found on this Malaysia tourism guide, which outlines visa and visa-on-arrival options, country by country, including exceptions.

And PaperStoneScissors offered this response yesterday to your query on the TripAdvisor Malaysia forum

To live in Malaysia as a foreigner you need either a work permit or MM2H (Malaysia My Second Home) Visa. Neither are available to you. Trying to live here by doing visa runs may get you stopped by immigration and eventually you will be refused entry. Not a good idea to try it.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.