I'm in need of information on what is the correct visa for my fiancée.

I'm a British citizen and my partner is Malaysian. She is looking to join me in the UK next year. We intend to get married.

What type of visa should she apply for? She needs to work in the UK as she has to support family in Malaysia.


1 Answer 1


She needs a ‘family of a settled person’ visa. It's not cheap though £1,195. See more at https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview

  • ...unless she can use the Surinder Singh route (not that there's any indication that it applies in this case, but it deserves mention in case it does: there's a significant difference between £1195 and £0!).
    – phoog
    Commented Oct 28, 2016 at 20:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.