I want to make sure I'm applying for the right visa. I am a US citizen who has been married to a EU citizen from the UK for almost a month now. We plan to move to Germany together and plan to reside there for a long while. What do we need to do? Would I be applying for a residence permit to join him in Germany?

  • 3
    You do not need a visa. You can apply for the residence card after arriving in Germany. You should do that within 90 days of your arrival.
    – phoog
    Nov 1 '16 at 3:56