I'm trying to work out the best route/procedure for my partner, a student on a Tier 4 (general) student visa, to remain in the UK after the visa expiry.
- I'm a UK citizen
- My partner is a US citizen
- My partner is a student on Tier 4 visa, which expires October 2017
- We have been living together for less than 2 years (and will have been living together less than 2 years when the visa expires)
- We are planning on getting married ~July 2017
- What are our options in terms of visas/procedures for remaining together in the UK?
- If applying for a family visa, can we apply before we're married?
- Do we need to give any sort of notice before getting married?
- How long do decisions take?
- If required to attend interviews, how long does it usually take to get an appointment?