I have recently obtained a CoS from a company, I have not yet signed any contracts with them, nor have I applied for the Tier 2 visa with them. Am I obliged to work for them now?


I have studied in UK for a very long while now and I have previously worked under Tier 2. At the moment, I am on Tier 4. And I am in UK.


No. You can inform that company that you've changed your mind and there is not a thing they can do about. The Tier-2 visa is not a work contract with the company. It is a legal agreement between you and the government of the United Kingdom (it is likewise such for the company as well).

  • I am actually in UK atm. But on a student visa. Thanks – i squared - Keep it Real Nov 12 '16 at 23:28
  • Would you mind updating your question? I will update my answer. – ouflak Nov 12 '16 at 23:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.