I am getting an employment visa (long term) for Germany. My wife will be traveling with me as dependent on "Family reunion" visa. Both of us will be getting eAT (Electronic residence permit) once we land in Germany.

Now, is it possible for my spouse to get a job and work?

  • 1
    Can you elaborate? Are both Indian? What visa are you on?
    – Mark Mayo
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:42

1 Answer 1


As I answered here and here, she will get the job permission with a very high probability. Actually, her visa can allow her to work even before she will get the residence permit.

One remark: You won't get the eAT automatically after landing, you need to apply for it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.