I entered the states in 2002, got married in 2004 and obtained my conditional green card that way. After about 2 years I received my permanent card which is valid for 10 years. Now that I'm renewing the card within 6 months of expiration, do I need to change the admission class from IR6 to something else, or just leave it be as it is on the application?

1 Answer 1


No. Your class of admission won't change. The code reflects how you got permanent residency, and a later divorce doesn't change that.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.