I need some help.

I am a British national and live and work in Germany. I have four children, 9/7/5/1 years old who are British citizens by descent and have British passports.

My wife and my mother (58 y/o) are both non-EEA citizens and they, along with my children, live in Afghanistan.

Since they are all my dependents, can I bring them to live with me in Germany? How would I begin to do this?

  • 4
    Your children can enter with their British passports, of course. Your wife will be eligible for freedom of movement under directive 2004/38/EC; she will need a visa, but it will be free of charge and cannot be refused except under certain limited criteria. Your mother will be eligible for the same rights as your wife only if she is dependent on you or is a "member of your household." If she is not, it will be considerably more difficult for you to bring her to Germany. – phoog Dec 9 '16 at 0:06
  • Thanks from your lovely advice my mother is depenetly depend on me any idea how much should be my income before i apply. Best regards – Asif Dec 9 '16 at 1:03
  • 1
    If you have a job, your income does not matter. – phoog Dec 9 '16 at 3:29