I have been living and working in Mexico for three years. I was notified by the Virginia DMV that my drivers license (valid until January 2018) would be suspended because they believe I no longer live in Virginia. I contacted DMV and they said I needed to send them proof of my employment in Mexico. I did so, but received the following reply:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. Exceptions are granted if documentation provides evidence of why you are relocated out of state, along with documented proof that you are a residence and still maintain residency in the Commonwealth."

I don't understand how I'm supposed to maintain a valid US drivers license while living out of the country if I don't have an additional residence in the US. Any suggestions or ideas would be very gratefully accepted. Thanks!



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.