I am currently in Canada on a Work permit. I am planning to apply for my parents visitor visa to Canada. Currently my parents are in Mumbai, India.

Can I apply for my parents visa from Canada without involving an agent? Do I need a sponsor letter and should it be notarized?

closed as off-topic by JonathanReez Supports Monica, Dipen Shah, Giorgio, Mark Mayo Jul 22 '17 at 0:22

  • This question does not appear to be about expatriates, within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1) Yes you can. 2) You need a letter of invitation inviting your parents to Canada. Your parents will put this letter when they apply for their visa. Details can be found here – Dipen Shah Dec 22 '16 at 19:16
  • @DipenShah don't the parents need to apply for their own visas in India? – phoog Dec 22 '16 at 19:32
  • @phoog yup that's what I said. – Dipen Shah Dec 22 '16 at 19:34
  • @DipenShah but you appear to have said "yes you can" in response to the question "can I apply for my parents' visa from Canada," when the answer appears to be "no" because the parents must apply themselves in India. – phoog Dec 22 '16 at 19:37
  • 3
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's about short-term visas. – JonathanReez Supports Monica Jul 21 '17 at 7:09