When moving to the US what's the procedure to get a Registered Nurse certification for someone who's been working as a nurse in one of the Eastern European countries?

  • 2
    AFAIK go to college and do it all again.
    – juergen d
    Mar 31, 2014 at 12:53
  • @juergend Anything more specific or detailed?
    – Karlson
    Mar 31, 2014 at 15:00
  • Further infos here: ncsbn.org. Seems like you can take an evaluation.
    – juergen d
    Mar 31, 2014 at 15:37

1 Answer 1


@juergend shared already in the comments a very useful link :

Each state in the U.S. is responsible for the licensure of nurses within that state. Variations exist among the states. State specific licensure information is available on board of nursing websites.

To ensure public protection, all boards of nursing require a candidate for licensure to pass an examination that measures the competencies needed to perform safely and effectively.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.