Does Canada issue Study Permits for Part-time graduate programs?

For international students from the Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and so on)?

To study Masters and PhD?


Yes, it does, and a student's country of origin is not the consideration but, rather, the program into which one is accepted.

According to the Government of Canada information on

Full-time versus part-time studies

The definition of full-time or part-time varies depending on the educational institution. A study permit may be issued whether or not the student’s studies are on a full-time or part-time basis (i.e., the condition that study permit holders must actively pursue studies does not require them to be enrolled on a full-time basis), as long as they are enrolled at a designated learning institution. However, the student must have a full-time status in order to work on or off campus.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy