Skip to main content

Questions tagged [car]

Questions regarding issues with automobiles.

Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with
6 votes
1 answer

Entering the US with car using J-visa

I am a Mexican J1-visa holder (PhD student) that studies in the US. I have been checking my options on buying a car to use in Northern California and it seems that the cheapest –– by a big margin –– ...
MathUser's user avatar
22 votes
6 answers

How to lease a car in the USA just after relocation?

Usually leasing requires you to have a credit history in US and establishing it takes at least a year. What options you have to lease the car without credit history in US but having employment here (...
Piotr Kaminski's user avatar
4 votes
1 answer

Importing used car from Italy, how to get export plates

I'm planning to buy a used car in Italy and export it to another EU state, and am wondering how to register the car to take it home. The regular way (for residents) is to go to a studio di consulenza ...
user149408's user avatar
3 votes
2 answers

Can a car be registered in two EU countries at the same time?

I have recently relocated to a different EU country, and as a resident I will have to register my overseas car here. After that, will I have to notify my home country that the car has been registered ...
Diego Sánchez's user avatar
2 votes
1 answer

Buy/Register car in Mexico

We are moving to Mexico soon from NZ (have temporary resident visa - Residencia Temporal) and are trying to determine the best way to acquire a car for use primarily in Mexico (occasional use in USA). ...
Midavalo's user avatar
  • 644
2 votes
1 answer

How long can I drive a company EU-registered car in the UK?

I work for a German company and I am a resident in the UK working for the UK register branch. I drive a car in the UK for company and private use. This car is on EU registered number plates and is own ...
BenJ's user avatar
  • 21
1 vote
1 answer

How do I buy and import a car from Canada to the US?

I'm a US citizen and I live in Ontario, Canada with a student visa. My car from the US was totaled. Insurance has written me a check and since I have no transportation (for instance, to go to MI to ...
Insane's user avatar
  • 113