Skip to main content

Questions tagged [uk-citizens]

For questions pertaining to citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with
4 votes
2 answers

Requirements to move with US (Non-EU) spouse over to Germany as an EU citizen?

I'm a UK Citizen living in the USA. What would the requirements be to move with my US Citizen spouse to Germany? And is it possible or would I have to move over first then move there.
Vagish's user avatar
  • 647
7 votes
1 answer

As a UK citizen, can I just turn up in Germany with my Colombian wife, get a job, then get residency for us both?

I am a UK citizen currently in Colombia, and will soon be married to a Colombian. After getting married, we want to move to Germany. I seem to be reading a lot of conflicting information online about ...
techpacker's user avatar
5 votes
2 answers

Is it legal for dual citizens to have two completely different official names in the two countries where they are citizens?

Details: I'm a Hungarian citizen by birth, moved to the UK a few years ago. I changed my name in the UK via Deed Poll to an English name, which is completely different from my Hungarian one (both ...
user avatar
5 votes
3 answers

Work remotely while waiting for visa?

I am a British citizen who is waiting for a French visa (long stay, talent passport). Am I able to work remotely (from the UK) for my French employer while I wait for the visa to come through? (I ...
Jack's user avatar
  • 152
4 votes
1 answer

Relocating to the UK with spouse

My mother- and father-in-law are permanently relocating to the UK. My father in law is a British citizen, and has resided in the US for the past 20+ years. My mother in law is a US citizen. It is to ...
mevans's user avatar
  • 143
4 votes
2 answers

If I have schengen tourist visa, can I marry a British citizen in Germany.? [closed]

I have Schengen tourist visa, I want to marry my girlfriend but she lives in London. If she comes to Germany or the Netherlands can we get married? I have just a one month Schengen tourist visa.
Babar Ali's user avatar
4 votes
2 answers

What is the minimum level of experience required to gain a US H1B visa?

As I understand it, one of the requirements to be granted a H1B US working visa is that you possess a degree from a US college, or 12 years working experience in the relevant field. I've also read a ...
Chris Payne's user avatar
2 votes
1 answer

What is the best route for a dual EU/UK national to work remotely in Spain?

I am national of the UK and Bulgaria. I currently hold a British passport and live in the UK (since 2004). I do not have a Bulgarian ID or passport, but I believe that I can acquire those relatively ...
turnip's user avatar
  • 129
2 votes
1 answer

Surinder Singh route

I am British living in the UK. My husband is a non-EU citizen living in Germany with 3 year resident permit. I want to know the exact way for the Surinder Singh route. I’ve just recently found about ...
Lucia's user avatar
  • 69