Questions regarding emigrating from, immigrating to and living in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Federal Republic of Germany
The Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesrepublik Deutschland) is a federal parliamentary republic in western-central Europe. It is a member of the European Union, the Schengen Area and (except for Büsingen am Hochrhein and Heligoland) the EU VAT Area. It is considered as an eligible country in the USA Visa Waiver Progam and the Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery. The official currency is the Euro (EUR/€), the country calling code is +49. The official timezone is CET in winter and CEST in summer.
For questions about being a citizen in Germany see german-citizens
- Government body responsible for issues pertaining to immigration: Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge, Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
- Diplomatischen Vertretungen in Deutschland
- Foreign embassies in Germany
- Government body responsible for taxation: Bundeszentralamt für Steuer, Federal Central Tax Office
- Government body responsible for customs: Bundesministerium des Finanzen, Federal Ministry of Finance