3 votes

Alien registration card in China

As far as I understand it, If you are a non-Indian national residing in India and You apply for a Chinese visa in India (not in your home country) You need an "alien registration card" - presumably ...
RedGrittyBrick's user avatar
3 votes

Is it possible to change an internship visa to a work visa in Germany without leaving the country?

I just want to provide some closure to this thread. It is actually possible to convert an internship visa to a job visa from within Germany. Just take an appointment at your city's Auslanderbehorde (...
satyajith's user avatar
2 votes

J1 visa - Confusion in how to apply

As we discussed in chat, you are a university student who does part time work for a US employer. Should that employer wish to bring you to the US to work for it for a short period, paid or unpaid, you ...
Giorgio's user avatar
  • 4,723
2 votes

Internship in Netherlands

Well, options seem to be: Internship - but that requires you to be enrolled in some kind of academic/study program. Here's a site with a bit more information and links. Direct employment ("highly-...
einpoklum's user avatar
  • 2,798
2 votes

Why can't F-1 PhD international students no longer use CPT for summer internships anymore?

As per the USCIS rules and regulations I do not see that. I know that different universities kind of differ in their CPT rules though. You can always quote this page to the International students ...
pal4life's user avatar
  • 514
2 votes

Do I need to get a residence permit in Germany if my type D visa covers the length of my stay?

From all I can tell it depends on how long you are staying. If you are staying for more than 90 days, then you need to get a residence permit. Sources: Justlanded Germany Residency permits are ...
mts's user avatar
  • 625
2 votes

What question should I ask myself before chosing between two internships abroad?

I suggest that you apply the Monte-Carlo method: flip a coin :-) Joke aside, this question is less about expatriation and more about how to make complex life choices. Let me give some basic advice ...
qoba's user avatar
  • 648
1 vote

Moroccan PhD student participating in science research in the UK for unpaid work. What type of visa do I need?

The organisation offering the internship would have to sponsor your visa and they will be to help you with this. If they can't help it means they are not able to offer the position to non EU citizens. ...
user16259's user avatar
  • 978
1 vote

Can I start a 6-month internship in Germany under a Schengen visa?

a few facts: (talking about compulsory internships!) An EU residence permit acts like a tourist visa in other EU countries. An internship is a type of employment; a foreign permit doesn't allow you ...
Marion from Berlin's user avatar
1 vote

Can I start a 6-month internship in Germany under a Schengen visa?

French residence permit (titre de sejour), DOES NOT let you do a 90-day internship in Germany or in other country than France.
canongigue's user avatar
1 vote

Internship in Germany as a non-EU citizen, do I need ZAV pre-approval letter for a 3-month internship if I already have an Italian residence permit?

I had the same question and emailed Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA). In my case, the officer said that, with the internship study-related, and less than 90 days within 12 months, and during my study ...
Tom's user avatar
  • 11
1 vote

Extend staying in another EU country more than 6 months for internship with Germany student residence permit

First, check if your situation satisfies European directive for researchers and students, please see my another answer on this. If you do not fit into that regulation, then I would expect that you ...
Andrey Sapegin's user avatar
1 vote

Internship in Germany as a non-EU citizen, do I need the internship visa if I am already living in another EU country with a residence permit?

There is a lot of confusion about this issue and it's difficult to find explicit confirmation but your understanding seems right to me. This document from the Bundesagentur für Arbeit touches upon it: ...
Relaxed's user avatar
  • 5,856
1 vote

What are steps for getting ZAV certificat?

According to https://immigrate-to-germany.blogspot.com/2018/06/what-is-a-zav-or-fea-approval-for-germany-work-permit-and-how-to-get-it.html?m=1 ZAV is a service from the Federal Employment Agency (FEA)...
Traveller's user avatar
  • 2,609
1 vote

Visa for 3-month internship in Switzerland

According to the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience, unless you are from Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, or Malaysia you will need a visa: The visa will ...
phoog's user avatar
  • 21.6k
1 vote

Can a F1 student in the US do a CPT internship the first summer if the student arrived after the beginning of the academic year?

In general, no, because the regulation 8 CFR 214.2(f)(10) says: ... Practical training may be authorized to an F-1 student who has been lawfully enrolled on a full time basis, in a Service-approved ...
krubo's user avatar
  • 1,102

Only top scored, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible