New answers tagged


As someone who has resided in Canada for nearly two years, you are probably best advised to apply in Canada in any case. A US consulate in Mexico would have more trouble verifying your information from the last two years, after all, than will one in Canada. Here's what the US Department of State has to say about it, at Visas for Canadian and Mexican NAFTA ...


There's no limit. Even if you try to return after the expiration of your I-94, you can just reapply for admission as you did the first time you entered in TN status.


I believe, that the only way to expedite the H1B process (and also guarantee your visa) is if you were applying to work for an university. My understanding is that because they're cap-exempt you may start working as soon as your visa is granted. Other than that, your best shot would be to contact the local US Consulate and check if they would be willing to ...


Under the "cap gap" rules, if your company files the H1b petition (which can only be done starting April 1 for an H1b from the next fiscal year) during your OPT, your F1 status and OPT work authorization will be automatically extended to September 30. If you successfully complete your OPT (and didn't violate the rules for unemployment days, etc.), you ...

Top 50 recent answers are included