I am an Italian citizen but I live in the UK. I want to apply for a K1 visa.

Can I enter in the K1 forms an American consulate located in the UK (Edinburgh or London) or am I obliged to reference to an American consulate in Italy?

If the consulate in the UK is not feasible which US consulate in Italy deals with K1 visas, only the one in Naples or the one in Milan too?


1 Answer 1


You should apply in the UK. For example, see the USCIS page describing the process step by step (emphasis added):

USCIS sends the approved petition to the DOS National Visa Center (NVC), which forwards it to the embassy or consulate where the foreign fiancé/fiancée will apply for the K-1 visa (generally, the embassy or consulate in the area where the person lives).

  • Yep, makes sense after all. If for instance I was living in Australia and getting married in USA it would made no sense to have to fly to Italy just for an interview. Thanks
    – Gabe
    Apr 19, 2017 at 15:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.